Ispahan Rose and Lychee Entremet (2 DAY COURSE)
DAY 1: WEDNESDAY, 23 AUG 10.00AM-1.30PM
DAY 2: THURSDAY, 24 AUG, 10.00AM-12.00PM
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PRICE OF $238 IS INCLUSIVE OF BOTH DAY 1 AND DAY 2
Join us at Baker’s Brew Studio for a rewarding two day course and learn how to bake an Ispahan mirror glazed entremet cake! Inspired by Pierre Herme’s popular Ispahan flavour, this unique and sophisticated cake will definitely impress your friends and family. The cake consists of a light and floral rose mousse layered with a fragrant lychee jelly, raspberry compote and almond dacquoise sponge.
In addition to learning the essential French techniques of baking, assembling and glazing an entremet, you will also learn the art of tempering chocolate and get a chance to create your own realistic white chocolate feathers. Decorate and bring home your very own 7” entremet cake at the end of day two!
About the Course
By attending this course, you will learn:
Day One (3.5 hours):
- How to make a rose flavoured mousse
- How to prepare raspberry compote and lychee jelly layer inserts for entremet
- How to bake an almond dacquoise sponge
- How to make a coloured mirror glaze
- Assembling the entremet cake using the upside down method
*At the end of day one, your assembled cake will be left to set in the freezer overnight.
Day Two (2 hours):
- How to prepare the mirror glaze and achieve a glossy effect without bubbles
- Glazing a frozen entremet cake with 2 colours
- How to temper white chocolate using the tabling method (demonstration only)
- How to make white chocolate feathers
- Decorating the entremet
Class Duration: 5.5 hours
Class Type: Hands on
Bring home a 7 inch Entremet Cake, specially baked by yourself!
Do note that preparation and mixing of ingredients will be done in pairs while assembling of cake will be individual work.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.